Techrepublic points to MS knowledgebase and says pst max filesize is 2 GB
also says the same thing,
mentions that it affects
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 2002 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 98 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Outlook 97 Standard Edition
"I'd suggest using Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows to do the conversion. It creates MBOX files, and it's free. I've used it to migrate 5 GB of PST files to mail.app for my wife and myself."
from comments at http://www.davidalison.com/
According to http://www.tek-tips.com/
"server side .pst tools don't support .pst files larger than 2gb. "
So there may have been some corruption if the file has gone through such tools.
Some more possibilities are listed in the comments of:
- Don't use scanpst for > 2 GB
- Try opening in outlook 2007 (maybe you are using an even later version?)
- Try OutlookFix http://www.cimaware.com/main/