Wednesday, November 24, 2010

live streaming with stock laptop

Used the daily-use machine for live streaming on 23 November, with just its built-in soundcard. Reaper was running as something for me to monitor the waveform and also as an archive copy of the stream. Srv ran the mix through his Yamaha mixer from Chennai and used the Alesis compressor from the Studio to give me a compressed mix. My nominal input level for 0 dB for -10 dBV signal was as shown.

I rode the rec-level fader since Srv was monitoring before the compressor. Maybe next time a better choice of compressor settings can avoid my having to ride the faders. Anyway, output level was respectable, near -12 dB RMS, after the first few minutes when I was not riding the faders close enough and the compressor was not set on the output.

No comments:

Post a Comment