In my previous post, I failed to save a video with effects. But now, this page showed me how to do it. The gui-based method is:
- Show all settings (and not Simple) from Tools -> Preferences -> Interface settings
- In Preferences, under Stream Output -> Sout -> Transcode, choose appropriate filter
- From main menu, Media -> Convert/Save
- Add input files, and choose Convert at bottom convert/save drop-down.
- After doing required conversion, Tools -> Preferences -> Reset Preferences
Unfortunately, this method did not work out of the box with the vlc-based warp player made by Paul Bourke - the filter is not explicitly shown.