Used Visual Studio 2008 and the instructions at the avisynth wiki. I used the avisynth.h version bundled with the avisynth 2.58 download, by choosing to install Platform SDK also while (re-) installing. For compiling dlls with opengl and glut, followed this very good answer on stackoverflow. Downloading the GLUT libraries and header file, copying to the correct folders, then the settings needed in Visual Studio -
Link to the OpenGL libraries (important step):
- Under the Project menu select Project Properties (Alt+F7) at the bottom.
- Select Configuration Properties → Linker → Input from the navigation panel on the left.
- Select All Configurations from the Configuration drop-down box at the top of the dialog. This ensures you are changing the settings for both the Debug and Release configurations.
- Type “opengl32.lib glu32.lib glut32.lib” in Additional Dependencies and click OK (the opengl32.lib and glu32.lib are already in the system, and glut32.lib will be after downloading GLUT).
It is also necessary to set the paths in Visual Studio:
- In Tools -> Options -> VC++ Directories -> Include Files:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include
- In Configuration Properties → Linker → Additional Library Directories:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib