Friday, January 11, 2019

malware/adware on our home page with BSNL router

When I opened our home page now from my room, I got an advertisement popup. 

Whichever link on our website I click, a pop-up appears.

No such popup on other sites. No such popup if I click on direct links, popups only if I click on javascript links like on our home page.

Also, no such popups when I use my phone as a hotspot and don't use the BSNL router.

There was recently an email from a user who also experienced this.

According to this blog post, this is some issue with BSNL?
As mentioned by this person, I put off and put on the BSNL router (reset the router), and the popups stopped.

Apparently, this malware/adware is being injected into any and all non-encrypted traffic. So, a good solution would be to upgrade to https.

No comments:

Post a Comment