Thursday, September 24, 2020

signing pdfs on Linux with Xournal

 I have used Adobe Acrobat to sign pdfs on Windows, now I needed a solution for Linux or Android. Adobe Fill and Sign is available for mobiles, and its workflow lets you sign on the touchscreen with a finger or stylus. Since I had a scanned signature available, I preferred the Linux solution using Xournal. I had cleaned up the image, deleting the background in Gimp and leaving only transparency and the signature saved as a png. 

  1. File -> Annotate PDF,
  2. Choose the Image tool, click and drag inside the document to make it give the file open dialog
  3. After positioning the image, Export to PDF.

There seems to be some bugginess in the Export to PDF dialog in my version of Xournal (0.4.8), so that if I try to edit the filename in the dialog box, it fails to save. But I can just export and then edit the filename later. Howtogeek lists solutions for Mac, Windows and Linux, using Preview, Adobe Reader and Xournal respectively, and also for iOS, Chromebook and Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment