Wednesday, December 14, 2022

PPF information

My PPF (Public Provident Fund) account was with SBI's main branch in Calicut, while my savings bank account with SBI is in Puttaparthi. So, when I got an email from SBI Trivandrum asking if I wanted to enable standing instructions, I did not find my PPF account directly linked in my SBI netbanking, nor did I know my account number off-hand. Asking a bank employee in Calicut, got the account number. Then, found that the account number and balance are available in two places:

  1. SBI's Netbanking --> Other links --> My SBI World - shows the "net worth", which includes PPF. Also supposed to show transactions if any. The account number is shown in full here.

  2. The monthly statement from cbssbi.cas@sbi.co.in has the PPF info also in the statement. The account number is partially blanked out here. 

In my case, trying UPI payments to the account did not work. A colleague who works in finance said that this was probably due to the account being inactive for the last few years - we need to call them, make the account active, and then close it or deposit more etc. The toll-free lines did not work, of course. And nobody answers the landline number of the branch. Probably will have to contact some bank employee and get this done. There is time - one more year till maturity as per the statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment