Saturday, July 22, 2023

linux mint upgrade from 21.1 to 21.2

The upgrade from Linux Mint 21.1 to 21.2 went surprisingly easily. For a change, I just clicked on the graphical update manager / system reports prompt which said that a new version is available. I did read through the release notes as prompted, but overall, the upgrade did not force me to take a timeshift backup etc. I just started the process and continued working on Firefox - the upgrade went on in the background, and finished after an hour or so. It took an hour because (a) my internet speed was limited to 4 Mbps and (b) the machine is an old Macbook Pro.

After a reboot, the only thing removed by apt autoremove was "vera backgrounds". I went into Update Manager, changed to local mirrors, and then via View -> Linux Kernels -> Remove Kernels , removed the 5.19 kernel in favour of the installed 6.2 kernel. After going through the menu again, removed 5.15 kernel too.

No comments:

Post a Comment