Monday, March 25, 2024

experiments enabled by NVIDIA graphics card

Now that I have access to a desktop computer with an NVIDIA graphics card, even though it's just a GTX1050 with 8 GB VRAM, I could try out several useful tools which generally need GPU support to run well.

  1. Openspace - I've contributed to the documentation with an FAQ on Planetarium usage.
  2. Running Sheepit autoupdater when I'm not using the machine for anything else, racking up points so that when I need to render something in Blender, I can cloud-render it faster.
  3. Upscaling some of our old videos - from VHS or miniDV - to 4K. Initial idea from Awesome Blender, then using the tutorial from nextdiffusion.ai, taking care to block images on that site (could be NSFW in many contexts).
  4. Will also check out creating some animations with text prompts, and perhaps even fulldome images with Stable Diffusion, since the webui makes it quite a bit more accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment