I had created a guest account on [our] tenant on portal.azure.com for an external email
someoutlookemail@outlook.com
in order for developers to restart the dev VM if required.
They have not signed on for a long time, I guess, and now they're getting this error message.
Sign-in failed.
Error code: interaction_required
... This tenant has been blocked due to inactivity ... see aka.ms/TenantLifeCycle ...
Contacting Microsoft support did not seem to be an option due to having free non-profit credits and not having a paid plan.
So, though my initial reaction was to direct them to this page,
the workaround was to give the devs restart permissions on the dot net custom services as in this post - https://hnsws.blogspot.com/2026/01/allowing-non-root-user-to-restart.html
Edit - now I see that they might have tried to log in to another tenant and not the current tenant? Because the aka.ms/TenantLifeCycle link talks about tenants, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment