Thursday, July 23, 2026

Azure portal - Review Azure Copilot agent access settings before 1 August

There was an email from Microsoft, letting us know that if we don't take action, we will be opted in for enabling Azure Copilot agents. In general, my instinct is to disable every new "feature' which Microsoft introduces, because sooner or later, that will be involved in some security incident. After consulting the other admins, I disabled "Azure Copilot" on both Azure tenants I have admin access to, with the result that these agents

Observability Agent
Deployment Agent
Troubleshooting Agent
Optimization Agent
Resiliency Agent
Migration Agent

will not be available.

When we navigate to Azure Copilot Admin Center (which we can access via the search at the top of portal.azure.com after logging in) to disable Azure Copilot, there is a link to toggle the control for <User> can manage access to all Azure subscriptions and management groups in this tenant. Since they recommend turning this off, I turned it on, disabled Copilot and turned it back on. The link to this control is https://portal.azure.com/#view/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/TenantProperties.ReactView

The documentation referencing this is at

No comments:

Post a Comment