Friday, September 11, 2026

repeated Cloudflare "human check"

One of our content admins wrote,

For the past week (or so), each time we go to our website, and even click on a sub-page, etc, Cloudflare makes us check that we are human (not a bot). See screenshot attached. 
Do you experience this as well, or is it just me?

It is a bit annoying to do it for EVERY page. Is there a way to do it randomly, or at least once (so it knows this IP address is fine), etc.?

Another admin mentioned that 

I remember (another) website team making some changes to the Cloudflare settings following the phishing attacks and bot injection issues we faced on the (other) website. I believe the human verification check you are seeing could be related to those security measures.  

And I added,

I think one way to avoid getting the bot-check "every time" would be to keep a tab open with a page from our domain - then the session would remain open for around 10 minutes, and any other page in our domain you open within those 10 minutes will not ask you for a bot-check. If you are doing some content editing work which takes more than 10 minutes, if you navigate to another page in the open tab within 10 minutes or refresh that page within 10 minutes, you can avoid the bot-checks.


No comments:

Post a Comment