Sunday, April 12, 2020

announcing offline tools for warping

My post in the small_planetarium Yahoo group
(Edit - Yahoo groups closed down in Dec 2020)

Paul Bourke had recently announced a an offline pre-warping tool for Mac which can do warping for videos similar to his old tgawarp tool.

For non-Mac users, here is a tool which does a similar job using OpenGL, an update from my old GL_warp2Avi, now updated to use frame buffers and to run on Linux (and Windows, though I have not built on Windows yet.)
Here is the link to the readme, which has some usage info,
and the Linux binary is available at

I believe similar performance can be obtained with only CPU, without OpenGL, because for writing to disk, the frame-buffer again has to be copied to CPU memory and the video encoding is the slowest step. So I have incorporated this warping into OCVWarp also. Linux binary available at
with usage info in the readme at

In case anyone finds any image quality issues with the OCVWarp version, please let me know, since I have not tested extensively for anti-aliasing quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment