Friday, April 17, 2020

finding linked libraries

I had missed out opencv_ffmpeg349.dll when I initially released OCVWarp for Windows. At that time, I had copied over all those dlls which the exe complained about not finding, till it started running. But apparently a missing ffmpeg dll causes it to fail silently.

On Windows, listdlls PID got me the list of dlls I needed to add. But that needed me to run the executable, and run listdlls while it was running.

On Linux, there is ldd nameofexecutable.bin which can be used without running the executable.

On Windows, this post seems to say that with a hex editor, we should be able to find all the dlls. But I did not find the ffmpeg dll with a hex editor in OCVWarp. Maybe listdlls exists because of this? But then, ldd can run on Windows - so that may be the best option next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment